Consulintel has provided hundreds of trainings, talks and conferences related to IT in the last years.
Considering our high specialization in IPv6 and our participation in a number of R&D projects, which also contributed to IPv6 awareness, dissemination and training/education/learning, we have accomplished a very high degree of expertise at international level, providing trainings in English and Spanish.
All the key issues related to the deployment, operation and maintenance of an IPv6 network are presented in a clear and easy, so the key concepts are acquired.
We offer both, theoretical and practical contents, tailoring the training to the customer profile and needs and including hands-on.
For the theoretical contents, we can offer aspects such as (not limited to):
- IPv6 introduction: IPv6 history, advantages, general features, comparison with IPv4.
- IPv6 packet structure: Header fields, extension headers, MTU.
- IPv6 addressing: Address types (unicast, multicast, anycast), address architecture, subnetting, address selection, addressing plans.
- IPv6 control and configuration: ICMPv6, neighbour/router discovery and solicitation, autoconfiguration, renumbering, duplicate address detection, privacy addresses.
- Transition mechanisms: IPv4-IPv6 coexistence strategies, dual-stack, tunnelling, translation, transition mechanisms configuration.
- IPv6 DNS: direct and reverse resolution, transport, root servers, DNS server configuration (BIND, others, Linux/Windows).
- IPv6 security: IPsec, ND threads, SEND, privacy extensions, comparison with IPv4, other IPv6 security aspects, filtering.
- IPv6 routing protocols: RIP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, MBGP, Multicast.
- IPv6 advanced aspects: IP mobility, QoS, Multicast, application porting, management and monitoring, MPLS.
The hands-on sessions can be arranged to cover 30-40% of the total training time, including aspects such as:
- Host and router configuration: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Cisco, Juniper, Huawei, Hitachi.
- Basic configuration, transition mechanisms, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP.
The training duration and final contents can be arranged according to the customers focus/model and other requisites such as number of PCs/routers for the hands-on, etc.
We also offer several labs of routers, which can be accessed remotely from any part of the world via Internet, for the hands-on.